I count your eyelashes, secretly
with everyone, whisper I love you
Here's the Gaspard mood theme that I've been killing myself over for weeks.
Now, you may ask, why was another Gaspard mood theme necessary kissingdaylight? Well, the ones I had come across by the time I started working on this mood theme had tons of repeated mood icons. My set has at least one mood icon for each mood on livejournal. (This is not insulting all other Gaspard mood themes; I have since seen some nice ones.) The size of each mood is 100 x 60 pixels, which can be more easily seen, imho. Each icon has been carefully cropped, color adjusted, sharped, blurred, resharpened ... etc. (I was anal retentive about making these moods, so hopefully they look good to you.)
You can see the complete set of default moods HERE (aka no alternates used).
Remember, custom mood themes can only be used on paid and plus accounts. The zip includes instructions on how to install the mood theme (in a notepad file) and also all the codes you will need to put into the Admin Console. (Don't worry if you're confused, it's all laid out very clearly in the instructions.) If you would rather, you can go the the LJ Custom Mood Theme Editor and do the linking of the moods manually, but this will take longer.
Don't forget to CREDIT ME IN YOUR USERINFO if you use this. And of course, please comment so I know that my time was not in vain and that my work is being used. Thank you!
Alright, for those of you that aren't used to this as much, I uploaded all the images at a Photobucket account located here (the alternates are located in a sub-album here).
Instead of using "code.txt" included in the zip download "guided-code.text" here.
Now follow the instructions in INSTRUCTIONS.txt:
- Go to the LiveJournal Admin Console (http://livejournal.com/admin/console). Make sure that you are logged in. There, enter in the textbox: moodtheme_create GASPARD ULLIEL. Then, click Execute.
- Copy down the number it gives you once your moodtheme is created!
- Open the guided-code.txt file that you downloaded. For every XXXXXX, change it to the number you got when you created the moodtheme (in the step before this one). The replace function in NotePad makes it easier.
- Copy the entire text and paste it into the Admin Console and press Execute it.
- Go to your Modify journal page (http://livejournal.com/modify.bml) and choose the "Gaspard Ulliel" theme at the bottom of your moodtheme list. You're done!
THE SERIOUS PROBLEM with doing things this way is that if too many people link to these files then the album bandwidth will run out and everyone's images will cease to show up. I cannot (and will not) do anything about this if it happens (so don't message me about it). If that becomes a problem you will just have to go back and follow the instructions like everyone else.
If you have any questions/problems, I will do my best to answer them/help. I have laid out everything here as clearly as it is possible for me to do so, however, so if this is too complicated for you then you probably need to spend more time on it or wait until you know livejournal better to use a custom mood theme.
EDIT: Added a simplified instructions set, if you absolutely, positively cannot get it to work using the simple directions already provided.